Re: Is BlobBuilder needed?

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 1:36 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 20:12:31 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
>>
>> The prime use of this value is actually to act like a content type header
>> when a URL created through createObjectURL(blob) is loaded.
>
> Doesn't it set Blob.type?

It does. But that property is what determines the content-type when
using createObjectURL. I suspect the property will be used a lot more
that way than people actually manually inspecting blob.type and doing
something with it.

I'm ok with calling the options object property "type" though. It's
nice that it's shorter and like you say, we're mapping it to the .type
property anyway.

/ Jonas