Re: Spec changes for LCs and later maturity levels [Was: Re: RfC: LCWD of Web Socket API; comment deadline October 21]

On 10/7/11 9:30 AM, ext Arthur Barstow wrote:
 > In [1], Julian asks about Web Socket API rev 1.247 [2], the change
that adds the Parsing WebSocket URLs section (CVS comment "Revert the
part of r5409 that removed the URL parsing algorithms, since it's no
longer defined in the protocol spec. (whatwg r6632)").

On 10/7/11 11:28 AM, ext Ian Hickson wrote:
 > Elaborate in what way?

Why is the override in 1.247 needed, given what Julian indicates above?