Re: [indexeddb] Change IDBRequest.errorCode property to match new Exception type model

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 5:36 PM, Israel Hilerio <israelh@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Jonas,
>
> We’re removing error code values as part of the new exception type model.
> This will impact the IDBRequest.errorCode property.  I believe we want to
> rename this property to errorName and change its type to DOMString in order
> to match the new Exception type model name. This change will impact all the
> places where errorCode is used today in the spec.  However, it should be
> fairly easy to fix assuming we follow the above model.
>
> Do you agree?

We might want to do something similar to what the FileAPI spec is
doing, and the HTML5 spec is doing for HTMLMediaElement. Both specs
have a .error property which returns an object which contains error
information. A nice aspect of that approach is that it enables us to
add more information about the error later, and even have different
pieces of information for different errors.

/ Jonas