Re: CfC: new WD of Clipboard API and Events; deadline April 5

On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 00:51:01 +0200, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:

> I'd hoped to see browsers adjust behavior so clipboard copying happens
> before anything else (before firing DOM events at all), making it more
> difficult for pages to fiddle with the selection before the copy occurs

If we spec'ed that, what would the point of firing the events be?

How would you solve the use cases we're trying to solve?

Your concerns are valid but need UI-work, preferences and other stuff that
is generally considered UA features and outside of a technical API spec.

--
Hallvord R. M. Steen, Core Tester, Opera Software
http://www.opera.com http://my.opera.com/hallvors/