Re: Fwd: Re: CfC: new WD of Clipboard API and Events; deadline April 5

On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 16:50:15 +0200, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:

>>  Pretty much everything in this spec can be abused to cause nuisance.
>

> Personally, I'm less than thrilled to see an API giving sites more
> ability to mangle what I copy.

With greater powers comes, as they say, greater responsibility. If you
personally don't like the possibilities for nuisance this API enables, you
have multiple options - use a browser that doesn't support these events,
or a browser that lets you disable them (perhaps on a per-site basis), or
a browser that supports extensions that let you disable them.

I also think that a site that behaves in user-unfriendly ways will end up
loosing users. If a site is arrogant enough to mess with what I copy
unless to improve it, it deserves to loose users.

--
Hallvord R. M. Steen, Core Tester, Opera Software
http://www.opera.com http://my.opera.com/hallvors/