Re: [XHR2] Blobs, names and FormData

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 21:49:19 +0200, Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>
wrote:
> Many services use form-urlencoded for form data, though not for files,
> and typically not for large strings.
> Google's Picasa uses multipart/related instead of multipart/form-data.
>
> I believe that Google App engine has a few areas where POST is used with
> x-www-form-urlencoded only. I'm not certain.
> Many RPC services expect POST + form-urlencoded.
>
> Again, I realize that you're looking for specific, existing services,
> citations. It's going to take me some time to put that together.

It also seems likely some of those will be updated to either make use of
FormData or provide a convenience library for authors. Having just
introduced FormData it seems somewhat premature to make it much more
complex. It's not even in all browsers yet.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/