Re: [XHR2] Blobs, names and FormData

On 8/24/2011 11:56 PM, Charles Pritchard wrote:
> On 8/24/11 11:36 PM, Jonas Sicking wrote:

>>> [Supplemental] FormData
>>> void toMultipartBlob(in callback)
>>> void toUrlEncodedBlob(in callback)
> xhr.send(formData) would be the same as:
> formData.toMultipartBlob(function(blob) { xhr.send(blob); });

Google's Picasa, and various other web apis accept multipart/related input.
Given that we don't want a method for each output type supported, I think a
generic method would better serve authors.

[Supplemental] FormData
   void toBlob(in FileCallback, in optional DOMString type, in any... args);

The default type for FormData would be multipart/form-data.
Vendors would be encouraged to support these, in addition:
application/x-www-form-urlencoded
multipart/related

toBlob is defined in the html Canvas element.

-Charles