Re: RfC: LCWD of Progress Events; deadline September 1

Le 14/08/2011 14:05, Anne van Kesteren a écrit :
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 09:36:33 +0200, Cyril Concolato <cyril.concolato@telecom-paristech.fr> wrote:
>> Le 09/08/2011 19:34, Arthur Barstow a écrit :
>>> On August 9, WebApps published LCWD #2 of the Progress Events spec:
>>>
>>> http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-progress-events-20110809/
>> Section 2.1:
>> "If this is for some reason not possible prefix the extension in some way and start the prefix with an uppercase letter. E.g. if company Foo wants to add a private method bar() it could be named FooBar() to prevent clashes with a potential future standardized bar()."
>> This sentence in hard to read and unclear. Please rephrase/fix it.
>
> Suggestions?
The sentence is so unreadable that it's hard to suggest something. It starts with a general statement but ends with an example. I think it should be split in two: general statement with a full sentence (now it seems to end at "letter" ?) and then add the example. Also add "to" before "prefix" and "start".

>> Section 4.2:
>> It should indicate what the requirements for other specifications are to define properly the use of these events.
>
> There are no requirements.
When reading that: "The editor is encouraged to define it in a way consistent with this", it did not seem so.

>> Section 4.3:
>> Why aren't the names of events, and the instant and number of times they are dispatched, not normatively defined ? This would be beneficial for consistency in the web platform, wouldn't it?
>
> Because it very much depends on the context.
Example ?

Cyril
--
Cyril Concolato