Re: CORS/UMP to become joint WebApps and WebAppSec joint deliverable

On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 14:37:31 +0200, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
wrote:
> The From-Origin spec is WebApps'; it is _not_ a joint deliverable with
> the proposed WebAppSec WG.

I assumed it was because of "Secure Cross-Domain Framing" and the
significant overlap.

>> I discussed this with Thomas on IRC (not logged) and he hopes that
>> doing this work in a new group will open up new resources to get it
>> moving along (e.g. to get a test suite). I am fairly skeptical, but we
>> agreed that trying it out for half a year should be okay given the low
>> activity of this work here in WebApps. If nothing much has changed the
>> work moves back to WebApps, which should work per charters of both
>> groups.
>
> Did you guys agree on the "which list will CORS use going forward?"
> question?

I was okay with trying out a new list for six months. It seems Maciej is
not. Maciej's concern is exactly the one I had.

> I agree it can be a bit painful to subscribe to YA list but I think it
> has the advantage of getting some "new eyes" on the spec as well as the
> advantages mentioned above.

We'll see (or not, depending on how Maciej's concerns are addressed).

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/