Re: CORS/UMP to become joint WebApps and WebAppSec joint deliverable

On 8/2/11 8:20 AM, ext Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 13:10:25 +0200, Anne van Kesteren
> <annevk@opera.com> wrote:
>> Can we at least make it so that public-webapps@w3.org stays the list
>> for technical discussion on CORS? We already switched mailing lists
>> once (twice if you count going from the initial proposal on
>> public-webapi@w3.org to public-appformats@w3.org) and I would like to
>> avoid doing it again. Getting feedback is hard enough as it is,
>> requiring all relevant people to subscribe to yet another list would
>> be bad.
>>
>> If that is not possible I think I would prefer CORS and From-Origin
>> to stay in the WebApps WG.

The From-Origin spec is WebApps'; it is _not_ a joint deliverable with
the proposed WebAppSec WG.

> I discussed this with Thomas on IRC (not logged) and he hopes that
> doing this work in a new group will open up new resources to get it
> moving along (e.g. to get a test suite). I am fairly skeptical, but we
> agreed that trying it out for half a year should be okay given the low
> activity of this work here in WebApps. If nothing much has changed the
> work moves back to WebApps, which should work per charters of both
> groups.

Did you guys agree on the "which list will CORS use going forward?"
question?

I agree it can be a bit painful to subscribe to YA list but I think it
has the advantage of getting some "new eyes" on the spec as well as the
advantages mentioned above.

-AB