Re: [CORS] HTTP error codes in preflight response

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 2:17 AM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> Also, somewhere else it was pointed out that OPTIONS differs from PROPFIND
> in that PROPFIND can have a body. So can OPTIONS (see, for instance,
> <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc3253.html#rfc.section.6.4>).

I was saying that the OPTIONS requests which are sent by CORS
implementations preflight requests, and thus can be sent to any
server, never have a request body. They are thus very limited in their
ability to hack a server. The fact that other specs use OPTIONS in
other ways does not change this.

/ Jonas