Re: PROPFIND vs "simple methods", was: [CORS] HTTP error codes in preflight response

On 22.09.2010 21:26, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 21:20:09 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 12:16 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
>> wrote:
>>> We don't want to keep updating the "safe" list. So they're all
>>> "unsafe". Or
>>> maybe not "unsafe", just not compatible with HTML forms.
>>
>> What we're really concerned about here is the HTML/SVG/web/whathaveyou
>> same-origin security model that browsers implement and servers
>> generally rely on. This model only allows cross-origin requests that
>> use get/head/post-with-some-content-types. So that might be the term
>> to use here.
>
> What term?
>
> "simple methods" is by the way just an indication of whether they follow
> the "simple cross-origin request" set of steps. "simple" has nothing to
> do with "safe". They are distinct terms.

Again:

CORS, 6.1.5.:

"To protect resources against cross-origin access with methods that have
side effects an preflight request is made to ensure that the resource is
ok with the request."

This is misleading IMHO.

Best regards, Julian