Re: A URL API

Thanks for all your input.

1) I've renamed getParameterByName to getParameter and
getAllParametersByName to getParameterAll.
2) I've added two flavors of appendParameter.  The first flavor takes
a DOMString for a value and appends a single parameter.  The second
flavor takes an array of DOMStrings and appends one parameter for each
array.  This seemed better than using a variable number of arguments.
3) I've added a clearParameter method.

Defining these methods required some low-level URL manipulation that's
not actually defined anywhere (AFAIK), so I've added a reference to my
work-in-progress draft about parsing and canonicalizing URLs.

Adam