Re: A URL API

Hi, Adam-

I really like this idea.  Of course there are scripts out there that do
most (all?) of this, but exposing it as an interface seems useful to me.

I proposed something similar in my SVG Params spec [1][2][3], though
yours is better thought out.  One difference is that I was specifically
looking at parameters, not merely as a function of the URL, but through
any mechanism that the language provides; for example, HTML can pass
parameters into a file referenced through the <object> element with
child <param> elements.  Do you think there's some way to reconcile that
with your proposal?

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGParam/
[2] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/modules/param/master/SVGParam.html
[3] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/modules/param/master/SVGParamPrimer.html