Re: A URL API

On 9/19/10, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> On 20.09.2010 08:27, Adam Barth wrote:
>> On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 10:48 PM, Devdatta Akhawe<dev.akhawe@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

> Keep in mind that the original use case was making life easier for
> people using XmlHttpRequest, and that covers many more use cases than forms.

Yep, I just took a quick glance at the Closure docs Ojan linked up
too. Docs look good; haven't looked at the code.

I see setParameterValues there. Useful to build URLs for XHR. But OTOH
-- Ajax that is using a lot of parameters, might be better using a
form. Usually Ajax requests are simple requests -- not a large form
submission. Sorry just have to be devils advocate on the necessity of
the thing.

BTW it's XMLHttpRequest -- I can't help but memorize these things
after typing them a few hundred times.

Regards.