Re: A URL API

On 9/17/10, Devdatta Akhawe <dev.akhawe@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi
>
>> You mean you didn't mention that I drafted a much better one over two
>> years ago?
>>

> Garrett : could you send a link to your ES4 draft/proposal ? My simple
> google skills couldn't find it.

I thought I linked to that earlier but don't see it now. Sorry and
thanks for pointing it out.

http://dhtmlkitchen.com/rec/URI.html

Untouched for 3 years now, has some broken links, including a
nostalgic link to "Sun Microsystems".

That API put the parameter map right into the URI object itself. I now
see that as a design mistake. The LiveDictionary would make the
object's interface simpler by moving the removeParameter,
deleteParameter, etc to the generic Dictionary interface.

[...]

Regards,

Garrett