Re: Web DOM Core

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 2:06 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 10:47:01 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
>>
>> For what it's worth, we still throw WRONG_DOCUMENT_ERR in a few places in
>> gecko:
>>

>> http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/search?string=WRONG_DOCUMENT_ERR&find=\.cpp
>>
>> Some, but likely not all, of these can and should probably be removed.
>> For example it makes sense that if during the call to adoptNode
>> (implicit or explicit), if any UserDataHandler readopts the node to
>> another owner document, then it makes sense for adoptNode to throw
>> WRONG_DOCUMENT_ERR.
>
> UserDataHandler is currently not part of the specification. I guess only
> Gecko implemented that.

Well, you have the same situation if the call is made by a mutation
event handler if the node-to-be-adopted has a parent. There is also
the situation where createDocument is called and passed a doctype
node, which already has a non-null ownerDocument.

In short, I'd encourage you to go through the search results linked to above.

/ Jonas