Re: CfC: to publish a Last Call Working Draft of DOM 3 Events; deadline September 3

Hi, Anne-

There are still still some outstanding issues, which we intend to
address in LC; many of them are marked up specifically to solicit wider
review and comments, which is generally more forthcoming during LC.  The
goal is to collect these comments so we are ready to discuss them during
TPAC.  We expect we will have to have another LC.

So, are these intended as LC comments (which I'm happy to address), or
as an argument against going to LC?

Replies inline...

Anne van Kesteren wrote (on 8/28/10 6:03 AM):
> On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 19:32:13 +0200, Arthur Barstow
> <art.barstow@nokia.com> wrote:
>> Doug and the folks working on the DOM 3 Events spec believe the spec
>> is now feature-complete and would like to publish a Last Call Working
>> Draft of the spec. As such, this is a Call for Consensus to publish
>> the following document as the LCWD:
>>
>> http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/DOM-Level-3-Events/html/DOM3-Events.html
>
> There still seem to be a open issues (marked up in the specification).

Yes, this is by design.  We believe the spec is feature complete, but we
know there are outstanding issues we want feedback on.

> A comment I raised on the 'scroll' event some weeks ago is also not
> addressed.

Sorry, I see I started a reply there, but never sent it (sigh); I will
send it now.  I think that issue needs more discussion, but I'm happy to
change it during LC if that's the group consensus.

> (Just noticed that the references section contains a reference to XHTML
> but that is never referenced from the draft. The HTML5 and CSS 2.1
> references are out of date.)

Removed XHTML (an artifact from an earlier draft), updated the other