Re: XMLHttpRequest Priority Proposal

On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 17:37:05 +0200, Mike Belshe <mbelshe@google.com> wrote:
> Here is an updated doc:
> https://docs.google.com/a/google.com/document/pub?id=1TcKtHi-XUVKXj9erQkkBXdidnG78lhK04D-2lh4O51Y

Can you make this publicly available? Now it requires a google.com account.

Should this also throw an INVALID_STATE_ERR exception just like timeout
and withCredentials do? See

http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/XMLHttpRequest-2/#the-timeout-attribute

for details on those attributes.

What prompted me to look at this again was a bug in WebKit I was added to.
I briefly looked through the patch there but the networking layer was
doing nothing at all with the field. (Well, it was not changed by this
patch.) Is this really something that is useful prior to the deployment of
SPDY? And are we sure SPDY is going to use something like this and that it
will be useful then?

I suppose we can always remove the property later, but it seems rather
experimental at this stage, so I am not sure whether I should add it.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/