Re: onsuccess callback in race condition?

First of all, any chance you could prefix IndexedDB discussions with
[IndexedDB] in the subject so that people have the option to filter them if
they wish?

To answer your question:  The intention is that onsuccess is not inspected
until the event would fire.  And the event would not fire until after you
return from your currently running JavaScript.  But if you did do something
asynchornous and then set it after that, it would be a race.  But you could
look at the ready state to see whether you've missed the boat or not.

This does bring up an interesting question.  Should we allow someone to set
an onsuccess/onerror handler after the event has fired?  Afte rall, we know
there's no chance of it ever firing.

Also, I wonder if we should try to add some text to make this more clear in
the spec.