RE: Seeking pre-LCWD comments for Indexed Database API; deadline February 2

From: jorlow@google.com [mailto:jorlow@google.com] On Behalf Of Jeremy Orlow
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2010 3:20 AM
Subject: Re: Seeking pre-LCWD comments for Indexed Database API; deadline February 2

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 1:54 AM, Pablo Castro <Pablo.Castro@microsoft.com> wrote:

From: Kris Zyp [mailto:kris@sitepen.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2010 4:38 PM

>> I don't think there is, just wanted to avoid imposing it. If you think it's really important then let's change it back to delete assuming other folks are good with it.

>> I had the same concerns Pablo did, but I don't feel strongly either way.

Before we close on this, let me validate one more thing independently of the JS version. Are we going to have trouble when trying to expose these interfaces in C++? Not sure about other compilers and IDL processing tools, but I'm playing around with Visual Studio 2010 and while the COM IDL compiler will take "delete" as an interface member, my C++ compiler really doesn't like it. As far as I know there is no standard syntax to indicate that a symbol wasn't meant to be a keyword in C++, so having "delete" (or other C++ keywords for that matter) would be problematic. Am I missing something?

-pablo