Re: Updates to File API

Glad to hear that you didn't intend sync access :-)

Can you define the contentType parameter to slice better?  Is that intended
to correspond to the value of a HTTP Content-Type response header?  For
example, can the contentType value include a charset attribute?  It might be
useful to indicate that a slice of a file should be treated as text/html
with a specific encoding.

I'm also a fan of providing a way to specify optional "Content-Disposition"
parameters in the slice call.  It seems to me that Content-Disposition like
Content-Type impacts the way that Blob.url might be interpreted.  It is
useful to enable Blob.url to be able to replicate what you can do with
http:// URLs.  I think this would make it easier for apps to use
http://URLs while online and Blob.url while offline without changing
the rest of
their code.  I'm specifically thinking of use cases like the "download"
links for attachments in webmail apps.

Regards,
-Darin