Re: [widgets] WARP testing

On 11 May 2010, at 15:58, Marcos Caceres wrote:

> On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 3:55 PM, Scott Wilson
> <scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Marcos,
>>
>> I'll make a start on tests for the assertions about correctly processing the element (6-13).

I've checked in tests for ta-6 through ta-9.

>> I'm not sure about assertion 5, however  - how would you tell if it had been processed at an inappropriate point? What difference would it make? And how could you test it?
>>
>> "Assertion ta-5: Secondly, a user agent MUST apply the rule for processing an access element at the appropriate point in the algorithm to process a configuration document: the appropriate point is where the algorithm allows for processing 'any other type of element' [[!WIDGETS]]." [1]
>
> Tests would be having an access element at the top, middle, and end of
> the document and also making sure that it does not get processed when
> nested inside another element.
>
> so 1:
> <widget..>
> <name/>
> <access .../ >
> </widget>
>
> 2:
> <widget..>
> <access ... />
> <name/>
> </widget>
>
> 3:
> <widget..>
> <name/>
> <access ... >
> <description/>
> </widget>

So presumably the access element is ignored in cases 2 & 3, even if the element itself is valid? I'm not sure if that's such a great idea for interoperability.

Unless of course it is processed, just after processing the P&C elements, which has no discernible effect on the processed widget and doesn't really make it testable.

Maybe I'm just missing something here!

> 4: (which would cause it to be ignored)
> <widget..>
> </widget>