[widgets] W3C Widgets on Android (was:Zip vs GZip Tar)

On 4 May 2010, at 10:14, Marcos Caceres wrote:

> Hi Scott,
>
> On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 10:14 AM, Scott Wilson
> <scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 30 Apr 2010, at 18:46, Ian Fette (イアンフェッティ) wrote:
>>
>> Marcos, Chaals, fair points. I can't honestly say that we are looking to
>> implement this spec at this point,
>>
>> I saw a very nice W3C Widgets implementation on Android the other day ;-)
>
> Great! can you let us know what it was so we can add it to our
> implementations list.

It was a version of the Aplix WRT platform already on the list - Anselm gave a demo of it integrated into Android at the London Android meetup. Very nice though - W3C widgets on the home screen, or deployed in the same way as regular Android apps, or within the Aplix widget manager app.