Re: FileReader question about ProgressEvent

On 4/21/10 1:51 AM, Jian Li wrote:
> According to the spec, we will dispatch a progress event for a read
> method. But per the "Progress Events 1.0" spec, the attributes "loaded"
> and "total" are defined  as "unsigned long".
>     interface ProgressEvent : events::Event {
>          readonly attribute unsigned long   loaded;
>          readonly attribute unsigned long   total;
>
> The type "unsigned long" is not enough to represent the file size. Do we
> want to update the Progress Event spec to use "unsigned long long"? Or
> we could limit the FileReader to only read from the file with size less
> than MAX_UINT.
>

> Jian

Seems like the latest draft
http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/progress/Progress.html
has some bugs.

   readonly attribute unsigned long long  loadedItems;
   readonly attribute unsigned long long  totalItems;
[Optional] in unsigned long       loadedItemsArg,
            in unsigned long       totalItemsArg);

long long vs. long

And it has also an init***NS method.
Those have been removed from