Re: [UMP] Subsetting (was: [XHR2] AnonXMLHttpRequest())

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 02:28:53 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> I wouldn't be opposed to implementing UMP, as long as there's a decent
> API for invoking it, and that it's a good subset relative to CORS. I
> think we've talked about various constructors or flags that let you
> use the XHR API together with the UMP protocol.

XMLHttpRequest Level 2 defines a constructor for XMLHttpRequest that
enforces certain properties of CORS. That gives you something that looks
like UMP, but you don't need UMP for it. You just need to implement CORS
and XMLHttpRequest Level 2. (It may be certain aspects need further
clarification/fixing, but that seems somewhat unrelated of what would be
the preferred approach.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/