Re: [UMP] Subsetting (was: [XHR2] AnonXMLHttpRequest())

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Tyler Close <tyler.close@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think even taken together, your set of subset conditions does guarantee
>> that a CORS client implementation is automatically also a UMP client
>> implementation. If we went that way, then we would have to consider whether
>> there will ever be client implementors of UMP itself, or it will be
>> impossible to fulfill CR exit criteria.
>
> If there are implementers of CORS, then by definition, there are
> implementers of UMP. I don't see anything in CR exit criteria that
> requires implementers to swear not to also implement other
> specifications.

So is sending the 'Origin' and 'Referer' headers ok per UMP? The
current CORS implementation in firefox always sends those headers.

I would have imagined that UMP would explicitly forbid any ambient
authority or identity information other than IP number?

/ Jonas