Re: Application and Chrome

On Apr 5, 2010, at 17:30 , Kenneth Christiansen wrote:
> Apparently I confused the chrome with the browser chrome, so sorry
> about that. Maybe we could call it widget chrome to avoid confusion.

We can't call it "widget chrome" since this specification is not widget specific.

> But this still leads me to one question. As the floating mode should
> not show widget chrome, does that mean that it does not support
> context menus?

I think that you're trying to read too much into a simple definition, and also not taking into account the fact that the goal is not to write a constraining UI specification but rather to provide descriptions that map to existing platform behaviours. That is pretty well defined for chrome and chromeless windows, but does not map to other things such as preventing context menus or dialogs.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/