Re: HTTP status code equivalents for file:// operations - compat with xhr

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 17:50:02 -0400, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 2:40 PM, Michael A. Puls
> II<shadow2531@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 16:27:29 -0400, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>
>> wrote:
>>> For example,
>>> that wouldn't appear to work well in a deployment that uses AFS.
>>
>> I'm not sure how things work for AFS. What do paths look like?
>
> /afs/cs.stanford.edu/u/abarth
>
> In your notation, that would be
>
> file://localhost/afs/cs.stanford.edu/u/abarth

So, if you access the abarth directory in your browser's address field,
it'll say:

file:///afs/cs.stanford.edu/u/abarth (or
file://localhost/afs/cs.stanford.edu/u/abarth in Opera)
?

If so, then indeed the access has to be further restricted by the
directory also.

Or, does it say something else?

>>> Also, allowing access to web URLs from file URL is probably a
>>> disimprovement as well.
>>
>> O.K.
>
> I get to issue transactions on your bank account!  Good times (well,
> for me at least).

:)

Thanks

--