Re: HTTP status code equivalents for file:// operations - compat with xhr

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 2:40 PM, Michael A. Puls II<shadow2531@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 16:27:29 -0400, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com> wrote:
>> For example,
>> that wouldn't appear to work well in a deployment that uses AFS.
>
> I'm not sure how things work for AFS. What do paths look like?

/afs/cs.stanford.edu/u/abarth

In your notation, that would be

file://localhost/afs/cs.stanford.edu/u/abarth

which means, under your proposal, my home directory is mapped into the
"localhost" origin on your machine.  Now all I need to do is make it
world readable and ...

>> Also, allowing access to web URLs from file URL is probably a
>> disimprovement as well.
>
> O.K.

I get to issue transactions on your bank account!  Good times (well,
for me at least).

Adam