RE: [P&C] utf8-char in Zip-rel-path

Hi Marcos,

Thanks with remark:

>>1. deleted the P&C's ABNF definition of utf8-char.

OK.

>>2. added "The utf8-char rule is defined in section 4 of [UTF-8]."

I think it needs further refinement, since section 4 of [UTF-8] is for the full range of utf-8, i.e. starting with control characters, ASCII etc. (it includes UTF8-1), whereas P&C's ABNF starts from 0x80 and defines safe-char rule that selectively lists some parts of UTF8-1.

I suggested the detailed grammar here:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009JulSep/0416.html

To simplify it, we could have:

allowed-char  = safe-char / zip-UTF8-char
zip-UTF8-char = UTF8-2 / UTF8-3 / UTF8-4

and statement that

"UTF8-2, UTF8-3 and UTF8-4 rules are defined in section 4 of [UTF-8]."

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Marcin

Marcin Hanclik
ACCESS Systems Germany GmbH
Tel: +49-208-8290-6452  |  Fax: +49-208-8290-6465
Mobile: +49-163-8290-646