[File API] events vs callbacks (was: Re: New FileAPI Draft | was Re: FileAPI feedback)

On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 10:04:28 +0200, Arun Ranganathan <arun@mozilla.com>
wrote:
> In the case of file read APIs, simply getting the data asynchronously is
> more convenient than using events.  There is no intrigue at work here,
> merely disagreement.

I could imagine that for reading data you might want to have events though
so that in the future we can introduce progress events if that is found
necessary. E.g. if the actual file is not on the same computer as where
the user selected it.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/