Re: Denoting privacy-sensitive requests (was: Re: Do we need to rename the Origin header?)

Jonas Sicking wrote on 7/1/2009 3:42 PM:
> On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 7:48 AM, Bil Corry<bil@corry.biz> wrote:
>> Jonas Sicking wrote on 6/25/2009 5:35 PM:

>>> This is still being debated. But lets do that in a separate thread.
>> Can you elaborate on the debate or point to an archive?  HTML5 will have to enumerate the contexts in which requests are deemed privacy-sensitive (has this been added to HTML5 yet?), however, given that different sites will have different requirements, it may be likely that authors will want the ability to override the default behavior.
>
> I think this is a discussion that should be held in the HTML WG

It'll be difficult for me to participate if it takes place on the HTML WG list due to the restriction on who may join it (I don't qualify).

> here is the latest draft of a list that we've discussed at mozilla:
>
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Origin#When_the_Origin_is_served_.28and_when_it_is_.22null.22.29

Would you envision those values becoming the default behavior?  The column "Workaround to Default Behavior" wouldn't be needed if authors can control it via HTML5.

Also, draft makes mention of sending the "RequestType" -- is that a proposed header?

- Bil