Re: [widgets] Rule for Getting Text Content with Normalized White Space

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 5:07 PM, Anne van Kesteren<annevk@opera.com> wrote:
> This introduces yet another definition of whitespace, good times!

I don't think that could be avoided (note that HTML5 also has two
definitions of whitespace). However, I've moved it to the "Character
Definitions" section and called it "Unicode white space characters":

[[
The Unicode white space characters are are [Unicode] code points
marked in the [Unicode] specification (version 5.0.0) with the
property "White_Space".
]]

> It also talks about elements in a completely different way than the algorithm just before it. This would also do well with a consistent style I think.

I tried to make it more consistent with the previous algorithm. Please
let me know if it is ok now. If not, please feel free to suggest
better wording.

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au