Re: [widgets] OAuth and openID

Note the issue arises not because of anything wrong with oAuth itself,
but because of the lack of standardisation for the authentication
process (which oAuth is agnostic of); this is what currently prevents
an oAuth helper application (i.e. a trusted app in the phone OS) from
providing a consistent and appropriate experience for the user without
any browser applications being needed for the process. (As it stands,
such an app would need to be a reverse proxy doing a lot of screen
scraping of variously formatted HTML login forms).

As it stands, there has been some UX work on oAuth for mobile and
desktop:

http://wiki.oauth.net/Flickit-to-Flickr

http://wiki.oauth.net/iPhoto-to-Flickr