RE: [widgets] A revised proposal on widget modes

Many thanks for the feedback - comments inline.

Regards,

Mark

Fine by me

><viewmodes default="floating/fullscreen/docked">
>
>it's hard to tell if you mean that you can specify one of
>those, or if / is ok. And there's the minor issue of what
>happens if a certain WUA only supports some of the modes and
>the widget is only allowed to specify one.

Sorry - my example wasn't clear. I meant that the widget author could
declare the widgets preferred mode of operation, therefore they would
only specify a single value which would be one of the defined keywords.

>I think i'd rather startview="x,y" where there's some rule for
>whether the first or last supported view is handled.
>
>I'd probably prefer:
>
>    <mode name="floating" height="300" width="500"/>
>
>    <mode name="fullscreen" max-height="500" max-width="600"/>
>
>for the child element, i suspect it's easier to deal w/ validation.

Marcos has pointed out some other issues with specifying height and
width and so this probably needs rethinking anyway. However, if not, I
agree your proposal is preferable.