Re: Required support for SVG in widgets

Hi Charles,
Just because the OMTP is "pay-to-play" doesn't mean their efforts are
wrong. (Isn't W3C "pay-to-play" also?) My understanding is that all of the
BONDI technologies will be RF and published as open standards, and that
they are working in good faith with the W3C and WebApps WG to make sure
their technologies fit in with what the W3C is doing. My perception is that
BONDI (with all of its mobile operator members) is focused on driving
industry support for W3C Widgets, which is a very good thing for the W3C.
If I'm wrong with these assumptions, I'd like to know about it.

But off course, W3C needs to study the BONDI specs before giving a thumbs
up, so it would be premature to reference BONDI at this point.

Jon

"Charles McCathieNevile" <chaals@opera.com> wrote on 02/04/2009 10:21:52
AM:

> On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 15:42:08 +0100, Jon Ferraiolo <jferrai@us.ibm.com>
> wrote:
>
> > The Web Apps WG should create yet another (short) widget spec, which
> > would be an Open Web profile spec that simply provides a checklist for
> > two interoperability levels for conformance. In both profiles, the user
> > agent would be required to implement all of the various Widgets spec.
One