RE: [selectors-api] Selectors API I18N Review...

Not having written it just yet... :-)

Assuming for a moment that CSS3 does not resolve the problem with Unicode normalization in selectors, users of selectors-api will be potentially surprised by the results in certain circumstances involving denormalized selectors. Implementers will also benefit by not getting stuck on test cases that involve normalization.

The text would probably be something like:

--
CSS3 Selectors do not provide for Unicode Normalization of either the selector expression or elements and text in the document tree being selected from. Queries and content must use a consistent character sequence in order for the selection to work properly. Some systems do not use the recommended Unicode Normalization Form C (NFC) for input or for data storage, and this is especially true for certain languages that customarily use Unicode combining characters. This may lead to selectors that are visually-and-semantically equivalent to parts of the tree not producing an expected match. For more information see:

  CharMod-Norm
  Unicode Annex #15
--

Does that help?