W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webapps@w3.org > April to June 2009

Re: [selectors-api] Transitioning to CR

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 17:22:49 +0200
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
Message-Id: <250D9073-CE6B-4526-8D2D-C5BD0C2764D4@berjon.com>
To: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
On Jun 19, 2009, at 17:14 , Lachlan Hunt wrote:
> Robin Berjon wrote:
>> Out of curiosity, why not make it two interoperable implementations  
>> of
>> *all* the tests, except those stemming from a lack of support for  
>> CSS?
> I was advised to set the requirements low so that it would be easier  
> to proceed past CR.  With these requirements, we can get past CR  
> relatively quickly.  If we need to wait for at least 2  
> implementations that both get 100%, that will just delay the spec by  
> 6 to 12 months awaiting the browser vendors' next release cycle.

I don't have a strong opinion either way, but I am unaware of any  
external time pressure on this specification. If there aren't any, why  
not delay it so we can do the hard (and right) thing of only shipping  
when we have fully demonstrated interoperability?

Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/
     Feel like hiring me? Go to http://robineko.com/
Received on Friday, 19 June 2009 15:23:22 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 18:12:54 UTC