Re: [widgets] P&C Last Call comments, 3

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 12:44 AM, Marcin Hanclik
<Marcin.Hanclik@access-company.com> wrote:
> EDITORIALs
>
> 8.3
> Some general rule for how attributes are to be processed a user agent or conformance checker are also ...
> should be
> Some general rule for how attributes are to be processed by a user agent or a conformance checker are also ...

fixed

> ... given the processing rules that type of attribute.
> should be
> ... given the processing rules for that type of attribute.

fixed.

> Version attribute
> "The value of a version attribute is an arbitrary string (possibly empty) that denotes a software version identifier."
> What is software?
> 8.5 says
> version
>    A version attribute that specifies the version of the widget. It is optional for authors to use this attribute.
> Both shall be aligned.

Right, the first definition is intended to be generic and abstract so
it can be re-applied in the future if needed.

> Numeric attribute
> a)
> consists of one of more ...
> should be
> consists of one or more ...

Fixed.

> b)
> Maybe ABNF could help in this definition?

I don't feel it's necessary. They are just numbers.

> Keyword attribute
> must not use case insensitive comparisons.
> should be
> must not use case-insensitive comparisons
fixed

> [It would be good to perform a check for all "case-sensitive"/"case-insensitive" instances whether they are written in the same
>
> manner.]

Right. Done.

> in which is it used, so the rule for hoe to retrieve
> should be
> in which iT iS used, so the rule for hoW to retrieve

Fixed.

> Keyword list attribute
> Maybe ABNF could help here?

Personally, I think the definition is clear enough. It's just a space
separated list, not anything really fancy.

> An attribute defined as taking one or more keywords as values, which ...
> should be
> An attribute defined as taking one or more keywords as value, which ...

Fixed.

> Boolean attribute
> Maybe ABNF could help for true and false?

As above. ABNF would be overkill; prose is fine.

> "... the feature element's..."
> should be
> "... the <feature> element's..."

The one is correct, and links to the correct element definition.

> Path attribute
> A valid path is one that matches the the production ...
> should be
> A valid path is one that matches the production ...

fixed

> A zip-abs-path is invalid in a the file name filed of a file entry.
> should be
> A zip-abs-path is invalid in the file name field of a file entry.

fixed.

> 8.4
> ... primary language of an element, its attributes, and its descendent nodes.
> should be
> ... primary language of an element, its attributes and its descendent nodes.

A coma is required there.

> its:dir
> i.e., ltr, or rtl, or lro, or rlo
> should be
> i.e., ltr, rtl, lro or rlo

Fixed (coma is also required there ;) )

> 8.5
> view port
> should be
> viewport

Fixed globally.

> "View port and view mode are defined in the [Widgets-Views] specification."
> I cannot find the definition of either view port or viewport in [Widgets-Views].

Correct, they are not defined yet. But they will be.

> 8.7 and others
> Starting always with "The ... element" or with "A/An ... element"? Just for consistency.

The ones that start with "The" define the elements, the others are
defined as being encountered in a list of items (i.e., if it's an x
element). I will leave them as they are.

> 8.8
> regardless of value of
> should be
> regardless of the value of

fixed.

> 8.9
> Localized license shouldn't be used
> should be
> Localized license should not be used

I used "shouldn't" there to avoid using an RFC2119 term. I think I
will leave it as is.

> ... the user agent should allow users the ability to view ...
> should be
> ... the user agent should provide the users the ability to view ...

Fix.

> 8.10
> If the file pointed to by the src  attribute is a vector graphic format ...
> could be
> If the file pointed to by the src  attribute contains an icon in a vector graphic format ...

Having the word icon in there doen't make sense as an icon is a
concept, not a tangible object. I added the word "of" to try to make
it more clear:
"is of a vector graphic format"

> 8.11
> The allowed values are any name of a character set listed in ...
> should be
> The allowed value is any name of a character set from those listed in ...

fixed

> (a user agent are required ...
> should be
> (the user agents are required ...