Re: [widgets] Widgets URI scheme... it's baaaack!

Arve Bersvendsen a écrit :
> The main issue here, I think, is one of being proactive on this
> front.  Given that absolute URIs are required for resolution, and that
> UA vendors will, unless specified, have to pick a URI scheme of their
> own, the situation may well arise where they have specified something
> that would either be insecure (eg. file:), incompatible ( again,
> file:) or inappropriate (all schemes that fail to make query strings
> and fragment identifiers useful)

JCD: I am unconfortable with such thinking that standards makers somehow
know better than implementors (and I am a standard maker).
This is a case where you would expose the problem in an informative part
of the spec and propose (not mandate) a working solution to implementers.
If it is not seen by the author, and not useful for interoperability,
there is no reason to mandate a solution.
Otherwise, you force extra technology on vendors, and that is a recipe
for failing standards.
Best regards
JC

PS: I agree with Thomas, but my tack is different.

--
JC Dufourd
Groupe Multimedia/Multimedia Group