Re: [widgets] Widgets URI scheme... it's baaaack!

On Fri, 22 May 2009 17:29:57 +0200, Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
wrote:

> If the widget: scheme is intended for inter-package references
> then there are security issues with that. If not, then why the UUID?

At the time of writing, I do not see them being used for inter-package
references (If my understanding equals yours here, as in "references
between otherwise unrelated widgets".

The UUID? Well, it actually eases implementations a bit, since an
implementation can use the UUID as "domain" when requests are made, which
actually allows vendors to reuse existing infrastructure for security
checks and so on.
--
Arve Bersvendsen