Re: [widgets] window modes in P&C, was Re: Small question about latestversion of "P&C specs" (11th Mar 2009)

On Mon, 11 May 2009 13:14:40 +0200, <ivan.demarino@orange-ftgroup.com> wrote:

> About the "widget requesting a resize", I sent in the past an email to
> Arve about something similar but not quite the same: a sort of "request
> mode change" or something. This would allow widgets to ASK the WUA for
> "mode change".
> Any news about that?

As I've noted in the past, I don't really think this is a good idea, as the distinction between "floating" and "application" (or whatever we do with this in the end), will result in a confusing UI at best. At worst, we could end with UI spoofing attacks.

--
Arve Bersvendsen