Re: [webidl] XMLHttpRequest interface object

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> For environments where the global object is represented by the Window
> object XMLHttpRequest needs to be associated with a Document object for
> determining the origin and base URL. The problem is that the
> XMLHttpRequest interface object can be copied around, e.g.
>
>   var x = frames[0].XMLHttpRequest
>
> in that scenario x needs to be associated with Document object
> associated with frames[0]. (If frames[0] is later navigated the Document
> object would change, so it is important that this happens at this
> point.)

There is a 1:1 mapping from global object to Document object now that we
have WindowProxy objects.

So you can probably just say something like:

   "...the Document object associated with the Window object for which the
   XMLHttpRequest interface object was created..."

> To be clear, assuming a and b are distinct global objects, in
>
>   a.x = a.XMLHttpRequest
>   b.x = a.x
>
> the XMLHttpRequest interface object in b.x has a pointer to the Document
> object associated with a. When the XMLHttpRequest constructor is invoked
> this pointer needs to be somehow copied to the constructed object.

I think that is covered by the incantation above.