Re: Storage and widgets

On 24 Apr 2009, at 13:19, Marcos Caceres wrote:

>> We need to figure out what the baseline policy is for access to
>> persistent
>> storage that is shared across several instances, or even several
>> widgets.

> Agreed. We are unsure if that goes into our spec or into the
> WebStorage spec.

I suspect there is a piece of it that ought to go into the Widget spec.

>>  The current approach simply means that there is no shared,
>> persistent
>> storage in the widget model; that's probably isn't what people
>> desire.
>
> "the current approach" meaning what is currently specified in the A&E
> spec, right?

It means what's currently in the web storage spec, and what's in every
way to construct an origin for a widget that I've seen -- whether it's
Arve's approach with the widget:// scheme (and some random string in
it, per instance), or my proposal of simply going for a random string.