Re: [webidl] DOMString

On Apr 21, 2009, at 6:08 PM, Cameron McCormack wrote:

> Anne van Kesteren:
>>> If something takes a DOMString as value is it clearly defined what
>>> happens if the toString algorithm throws or returns a non-DOMString?
>
> Oliver Hunt:
>> I would assume that the exception will be propagated to the
>> runtime, but
>> it should be stated.
>
> Seems reasonable to state that.  I’ve added a note to do that when
> I get
> some time to allocate to editing Web IDL again.

I actually thought about this some more, and realised i'm not entirely
sure this should be part of webidl as it seems a little too language
specific.  Eg. WebKit also provides an objective-c interface to the
DOM to application developers, allowing them to interact with a
webpage (or other content) through the DOM directly from their
application code.