Re: HTML5 Origin (aka IETF Origin draft)

I wasn't clear, apologies.  I'm confused why Section 2 Step 3 requires the UA to return an implementation-defined value for Origin, then turn around and required it be sent as "null" when it's sent to the server (Section 4.2 Step 1).  If it will be sent as "null", then why not just have Section 2 Step 3 skip the implementation-defined value and instead set it to "null"?  Or is there another use client-side for the implementation-defined value?

- Bil