Re: CfC: FPWD of Server-Sent Events, Web Sockets API, Web Storage, and Web Workers; deadline April 10

Hi Nikunj,

On Apr 10, 2009, at 10:42 AM, ext Nikunj Mehta wrote:

> Oracle does not support the substance of the current Web Storage draft
> [1][2][3]. This is a path-breaking change to the Web applications
> platform and rushing such a major change without substantive
> consideration of alternatives is not in its own best interest. Oracle
> does not see it fit to advance the current draft along the
> recommendation track
>
> Still, we believe that the working group will benefit greatly from the
> wide review of this draft. Has the chair exhausted all such
> alternatives such as Working Group Note? At the very least the status
> needs to be clear about the purpose of publishing the document. A
> boilerplate status is not appropriate since there are important
> concerns about the technique used for structured storage in the draft.

I agree it would be good to get broad review of the proposed FPWD and
the formal publication will trigger a related note on both w3.org and
the weekly Public newsletter.

Please note there is certainly a precedence for a WG to not have
unanimous agreement regarding the entire "substance" of a FPWD.

Regarding a WG Note, that doesn't seem appropriate in this case since
the WG's plan of record (Charter) is to create a Recommendation for
this spec.

-Regards, Art Barstow