Re: ISSUE-83 (digsig should not be read at runtime): Instantiated widget should not be able to read digital signature [Widgets]

On Apr 2, 2009, at 6:01 PM, ext Priestley, Mark, VF-Group wrote:

> Comments inline.
>
> FWIW my view is that if there is a valid use case for a widget being
> able to access information in a signature file, either it should
> access
> this information using an API or we should add further restrictions to
> the widget digital signature format and processing.

Since Frederick's use cases [1] didn't convince you, what specific
change(s) do you think is needed in the Widgets DigSig spec?

Defining an API in this spec doesn't seem like a good approach.

-Regards, Art Barstow

[1] <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009AprJun/
0017.html>