Re: Do we need to rename the Origin header?

Thomas Roessler wrote on 4/6/2009 4:19 AM:
> On 3 Apr 2009, at 20:26, Jonas Sicking wrote:
>
>> We've done a lot of discussions internally at mozilla, but was hoping
>> that Adam Barth would start work somewhere so that we could send our
>> feedback.
>
> Perhaps it's worthwhile to summarize the Mozilla-internal discussions
> and send them here first?  I'm having a sense that much of what's needed
> right now is for somebody to ask the right questions.

I would like to see it.

Another option that I haven't seen proposed is to keep CORS-Origin and HTML5-Origin both named "Origin" but make them contextual, so that Origin when sent via CORS will behave as outlined in CORS, and Origin when sent via HTML5 will behave as outlined in HTML5.

- Bil